Whew, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks. Between going to school full time, writing/working full time and trying to make sure my teenage daughters remember what I look like and behave, I haven’t had time to do much else.
But the sun is shining, the school year is winding down and there’s so much to be grateful for.
To celebrate this beautiful day I’ve compiled a Writer’s Gratitude List:
- A journal to write in
- A pen that feels good in my hand
- A computer that saves every thought and word I want to document
- A dog (or cat if you’re a cat person) to sit nearby and keep you company
- A muse with a loud voice
- A friend who listens
- Royalty payments
- Reviews that don’t suck
- A multitude of places to sit and write
- A comfortable bed upon which to rest and daydream
- A Saturday, or Sunday, with nothing to do but write
- A brilliant idea in the middle of the night (and the forethought to place a pen and paper beside the bed so you don’t have to leave the warmth to capture the idea)
- Inspirational words from other writers
- A desire to continue to learn and grow as a writer
- Wonderful coaching words from the likes of Ed Maisel and Julia Cameron
- Conversations with strangers
- Conversations with friends
- An honest, but kind, critique partner
- Music – to set a mood, fix a mood, or just keep me company
- And finally…sunshine and spring weather.
What are you grateful for on this lovely day? How do you express your gratitude?
Happy writing. Have a beautiful and grateful weekend!